Its been a while since the last update, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgot about Behavior Status. In fact I have quite a few changes on the horizon. Here is a list of some of the new changes on the horizon …
- Behavior Status Online! Yes, that’s right an web version of Behavior Status. Initially the online version will be released in beta to a few volunteers. The online version will include the same capabilities as the Android app.
- Support for Android 3.x and 4.x Tablets. At present, I have a version of Behavior Status in the works which will take advantage of Android Tablets with an improved UI.
- One more thing …. The Android App will have the ability to sync to the online version. Which will allow you better access to your information.
There is still quite a bit of work to be done, but I’ll release it as soon as its available. BTW, if you would like to volunteer to test the online version and/or the tablet version, please comment below.
After Many requests by various users, Behavior Status now includes a Launcher Widget. Launcher Widgets allow you to put a shortcut on your home screen/launcher to allow you to easily jump to a specific child. In addition, the short cut provides a quick view of the current status for the child. The widget is fairly simple as shown below:
You can add widgets to your home screen by long-clicking on the home screen, then choose widgets and finally Behavior Status from the list. Next, you will see the widget configuration screen, shown below, which allows you to choose the child you wish to use for this widget.
After clicking save, you will be returned to the home screen with the new widget added. Then by tapping on the widget you can easily jump to that child’s info. In addition, this update also includes a few minor tweaks … Oh and I cannot forget 3 new languages: Japanese, Italian and Chinese.
The latest version of Behavior Status 3.1 took me a lot longer than I had planned, due to a couple technical challenges I ran into. The first main problem was coming up with an initial list of stats which could both be export and displayed as a graph. Nonetheless, it is now available with the following list of new features:
- Statistics and Graphing
- 24 hour time display
Added to better support time Internationalization
- Sort Problem children to the top
Mainly useful for teachers to make it easier to get to record the status for those problem children …
Statistics and Graphing
This feature has been requested over and over as I could not count the number of emails I have requesting this feature. Unfortunately, there was a lot of ground work that needed to be laid first. To access this feature you first will need to update to the latest version of code and have the Behavior Status Donate version installed as well. Once you launch the app you should notice a new graph icon on the right side list of children.
Clicking on this icon will then send you to the new screen for choosing stats parameters as shown below.
As you can see you can provide a Date Range for filtering as well as choose between two different types of stats. The data produced for these two stats can either be displayed as a graph or exported as a CSV file for further analysis. A Next button is displayed at the bottom but just off screen. If the child you selected uses Specific Behavior tracking then you will be sent to a new screen to allow you to choose which behaviors to include in the stats as shown below. This is particularly useful for those trying to find correlations between one or more behaviors
If you choose to perform the export at this point you will see a generating dialog as well as a complete message. Otherwise the selected graph will appear as the following examples show the two different types currently available … Anyways, I hope you enjoy this release and find it useful. And as always, please keep the feedback coming in.
A couple days ago, I released a new version of Behavior Status, Version 3.0.1 with the following new features.
Specific Behavior Tracking
Specific Behavior tracking came out of a conversation I had with a parent of an Autistic child. The parent was affiliated with the Jenny McCarthy‘s Generation Rescue program. After talking to the parent from the east coast for an hour, we came up with several additions to app. The new features were geared primarily at those who are trying to rescue a child with autism. And thus Specific Behavior tracking was born. Essentially what it allows you to is not only track the overall behavior as it did before, but you can now list behaviors you want to track. The list of specific behaviors are per child, thus each child can have their own list. As you may need to track different behaviors for different children. In addition, you can enable this feature on a per child basis, making it easy to only use this feature for the children you need too.
Other Updates in this Version
- Major Performance Improvement on the Home screen for users who have lots of child in the app
- New Calendar Preference to make it easier to see which days have data and which do not.
- A few minor bug fixes
While I do have an overall vision for where this app can go, new features are largely driven by requests from users, parents, teachers, etc. Be sure to keep the feedback coming!
- What Is Autism? (everydayhealth.com)
Behavior Status 2.0 was just released to the store yesterday April 3rd 2011. In this version the following new features have been added:
- Alternate Status Entry Mode which allows for 3, 4 or 5 color choices for behavior. This mode is enabled through the preferences and uses color bars to denote behavior instead of the stoplight. In the 3 color choices you have the same Red, Yellow and Red Options. The 4 color mode adds Orange as an option between Yellow and Red and 5 colors adds Blue which is used to denote Excellent behavior.
- Under Preferences you can now change the text displayed within the color bars in the Alternate Status Entry Mode.
- Display QR Code to make it easier to share the app with Friends
- Behavior Status Donation Link
Here are a couple screen shots for you to look at from this version ….